Popular Posts

retro campaigns review

Kennedy 68. Read - American political (and with the twisting motions of time), pop culture reference. That's cool, I guess... But I am, on last inspection, an Australian, and even though our 'cultures' are becoming ever more indecipherable by the day, I am still left a little cold by this tee. Yeah I saw the footage of his head going pop... Yeah I watched it again zoomed in and on slo-mo, but I am still lacking the vital connection to justify this tee beating others to the privilege of adorning my torso.

ANSWER!!! Re-define and post justify. Just like everything else I do.

I don't know how many of you out there have heard of a little Australian soap called 'Neighbours'... Frankly, It's fucking awful, but it does enjoy a long standing, cult like status. One of the stalwarts of this appalling excuse for a t.v. show is a character called 'Karl Kennedy' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Karl_Kennedy). You can see where I'm going with this. So I tell the people I meet who are left equally cold by American politics, that this tee is to commemorate the year Karl Kennedy fell out of a tree at his uncles farm and cut his nut sack on a the barb wire Kangaroo fence. Instant cultural poignancy that justifies me wearing this shirt. This would work equally well, if not better in the UK, because for some unfathomable reason the show is even more popular over there than it is here.

I raise my thoughts on this tee from irrelevant to awesome. I recommend buying it and telling lies.

STATS
Model models: Manly L, American Apparel tee.
Advantages: Great quality tee and print. Good time for politics.
Disadvantages: Works best if you're from the US.
Buy it from: Retro Campaigns
Get out your wallets: US$19.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...