Popular Posts

Beauty Inspiration: 10 Vintage Hairstyles I Want to Give a Try



These vintage hairstyles are best suited for shoulder length and longer hair. I would have posted some shorter hairstyles of the late 20s and early 30s, but I'm not quite sure how I could manage the styles since my hair has grown out some.

If you notice, I prefer vintage hairstyles that do not look "too costume-y" and also ones that look easy to manage and replicate. I am wondering how to get the voluminous waves as worn by Rita Hayworth, Veronica Lake, and Lauren Bacall. Hmm... I wonder if their hair was curled then continuously brushed out until the curls are nearly gone.

There are quite a few books you can purchase on Amazon on mastering vintage hairstyles, curling techniques, tips for waves...etc. I haven't purchased any but considering it. For some reason many of them are quite expensive, do they contain a magical potion or secret one will only discover if you drop $80+ on these books? *sigh* I think trial and error will be kinder to my wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...