Popular Posts

BRIDAL MARKET: New York Magazine's Weddings Event

I started off Bridal Market Week at the New York Magazine's Weddings Event. The event was held at the Metropolitan Pavillion and was fabulous. There were some amazing wedding gowns and bridesmaids dresses adorning the lobby area before you entered the main event area.

Once inside the main area, NY-area brides were greeted by a wide array of talented and top notch wedding invitation designers, floral designers, event designers, bridal shops, bridal gown designers, and caterers. A bride could have totally planned her wedding before leaving the Pavillion. The quality of the displays in every booth was exceptional.

There was also a drink station with everything your heart could desire. It was a hit with the grooms who so graciously gave up their Wednesday afternoon to accompany their brides from station to station.

I definitely had some favorites. My favorite bridal designer was the fab Angelo Lambrou. The South African born Lambrou has created a line wedding gowns that are outside of the box. It was good to see something so very different. One of my favorites was the gown in the picture where his is posing. The gown had the loveliest ruffles all around the top of the dress. Simply beautiful.

Also, my favorite floral and event designer was Tantawan Bloom. EXQUISITE! Not only was I blown away by their floral and tabletop design, but their brochure and cards were fabulous. For me, that's the sign of a fab vendor. Oh, and the owner looked as if he had just walked out of GQ magazine - another plus for me.

I also loved the floral and tabletop designs at Fleurs Floral Design and Events and a fab design at Designs by Ahn.

I got a chance to check out a few J.Crew bridal dresses and bridesmaids dresses. You really need to see their gowns/bridesmaids dresses in person. The web does not do these dresses justice. I also loved the two adorable dresses available at Lovely Bridal.

My absolutely favorite wedding invitation designer (besides my always favorite, Ceci NY) was Atelier Isabey. Not only was the quality of the work extremely high, but the creativity of the designs was mindblowing. I loved everything that they had displayed on their table.

I had to force myself not to partake in eating cake. But there were a few cake designers that stood out for me including Cake Alchemy and Ruth Drennan Cakes. Both shops has very unique cake designs. Each shop definitely made me take notice, even though I didn't have any of their goodies.

But of course, the highlight of the event for me was meeting and taking my picture with my bridal idol, Colin Cowie. If you read my blog regularly, you know that I totally love him. He was so nice. He jumped right up to take a picture and as expected he was impeccably dressed. At that point, my day was complete.

You can check out the vendors from the show in NY Magazine's Wedding Guide.

Lobby






Tantawan Bloom



J.Crew Bridal



Lovely Bridal



Angelo Lambrou



Atelier Isabey





Colin Cowie



Colin Cowie & Me



Fleurs Floral and Event Design



Cake Alchemy




Designs by Ahn



Ruth Drennan Cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...