Popular Posts

Style Icon: Clara Bow

"I feel much older than that. I feel as though I had lived a long, long time. That is because I have suffered so much, and suffering makes you feel old inside, just as happiness makes you feel young even when your hair is white." - Clara Bow (age 22) - February 1928

The "It Girl" Clara Bow Clara Bow & Buddy Rogers Clara Bow Clara Bow in a publicity shot for Paramount, 1931 Jean Arthur, Clara Bow Jean Harlow and unknown actress by Eugene Robert Richee 6000-0031 6004-0022 6000-0083


Are her outfits not amazing? I would wear every single ensemble in these photos! I love all the collars most especially! And the bow details, the lace, the pretty grid design on that one dress... I adore the fit of the clothes as well, form fitting in all the right places, loose and romantic in the other.

For a lovely article on Clara Bow, read "My Life Story" as told to Adela Rogers St. Johns for PHOTOPLAY Magazine in 1928.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...